Major project idea and inspirations

Hello there!

In last week we started thinking about our major project. I did not have any idea at the beginning. I thought about create video of social campaigns, advertisement or social experiment, but it was not the best plan. I knew that I want to create short video around 2-3 minutes, but I had not got any concrete ideas. I was really stressed about that, but when I had to refill Digital Arts Major Project Approval, Form I came up with the idea to create a short video about depression. I do not know if it is a good idea, and if this video will look the way I want to look, but I am really excited about it

When I searched the short movies about depression, I found four really great films which reassured me that I want to create something similar. The first one I found is created by a young woman who is youtuber. She's name is Kat Napiorkowska. I think this video gives a lot to think about, because it's showing how living with depression can look like. I like how the audio sounds in this recording so I think I will be inspired by this one the most in terms of sound.


The second video which is my inspiration is below:


I think this movie has the perfect length and is very well made. I like the way how the shots are recorded, from what angle and from what distance. The interesting thing is how the light play in this video and how camera work. In this movie, the audio is perfectly matched to the scenes, what makes people feel the actor's emotions.

Last two videos are great too, but I think that the effect of these films are not compatible with my idea so I will not put there here.

To create my project I want to use cameras and microphones which I will borrow from DMU website. I want to create something what would look really good, but It will be my first time by using video editing software, so I am nervous about it. I think I will use Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve. To edit audio I would try to use some softwares too, but I do not know yet which I will choose.

I hope that I wrote everything clearly and brought you closer to my idea for my major project.

Comments

Popular Posts